Are you ready for a furry furever friend? On average we have 60-70 adoptable dogs and puppies at any one time in our rescue group. Each animal is looking for the perfect fit and we aim to place the animal into an optimal situation that will suit canine and human alike.
Important information to know about our adoption process:
- We seek stable, responsible, loving homes who can provide all necessary care for a pet.
- We HEAVILY weigh your VET REFERENCE. This is an unbiased source of information on prior pet care. Please provide thorough information about your vet. In TN you MUST call your vet and give permission for the vet to release information to us before we can complete the application review.
- We also love HOME OWNERS with FENCED YARDS, since renters are often told they cannot have certain pets or cannot control noise level where there are shared walls.
- Where there are multiple people in the same household, we are looking for COMPATIBILITY and AGREEMENT among ALL RESIDENTS that a pet is welcome in the home. Roommate situations often provide for failed placement when someone "was just not into" getting a dog.
Here are the steps for you to take as you make this important decision.
- Check out our gallery of dogs (below). Click on the name or picture of any of the dogs to read the dog's story and learn about the dog's temperament.
- If you find a dog or puppy you're interested in adopting, read our adoption agreement.
- If you agree to abide by the adoption agreement, complete an adoption application. Click here to go to our online adoption application. You may also access a downloadable copy of our adoption application that you can fill out on your computer or by hand (printable adoption application in Microsoft Word 2003 or Acrobat PDF).
- Make sure to answer each question on the adoption application. The application represents you and it should be complete and accurate so that you will receive due consideration in your quest to adopt your forever friend. In particular, make sure to provide thorough information about your vet. In TN you MUST call your vet and give permission for the vet to release information to us before we can complete the application review.
Our Dog Gallery...
Important Adoption Links
- Link to Adoption Agreement (read before completing an Adoption Application)
- Link to Online Adoption Application
List of upcoming adoption events
Dog of the Week
Each week we highlight a deserving dog or puppy who, for whatever reason, just needs his/her special story told.