2016 Muttster Mash Fundraiser for Real Good Dog Rescue
- October 26, 2016, 6-9pm
- Tower Center Lounge, 5100 Poplar Avenue
- Tickets $30 in advance, $35 at the door - Purchase tichets by clicking here OR see our Facebook event page
- Lots of fun with vendors, silent auction, caricature artist, face painter
- Great music provided by Good Company Trio
We'd love to schedule more special events. Could you help us plan something fun and financially beneficial? Contact us to discuss!
Prior Special Events...
- Friday, March 23, 2012 10am-6pm and Saturday, March 24, 2012 9am-5pm Memphis Area Master Gardener's Spring Fling at The Red Barn @ the Agricenter - lots of cute adoptable dogs and puppies will join us at the barn!
- Sunday, February 12, 2012 10am - 8pm Valentine's Gift Wrapping for Donations at The Booksellers at Laurelwood - we'll have one of our adoptable and cute dogs with us while we wrap
- Holiday gift-wrapping for donations at The Booksellers at Laurelwood (used to be known as Davis Kidd Booksellers), 387 Perkins Ext, Memphis over many days and hours during the past holiday seasons (2009-2015). We always had one of our adoptable dogs with us - while they weren't a lot of help with gift wrapping, they certainly attracted a lot of attention from shoppers! A slew of our happy volunteers happily wrapped what seemed like tons of gifts for any donations people were willing to give to our organization. Real Good Dog Rescue LOVES Davis Kidd and thanks them for inviting us back for this great fundraising opportunity!
- Our holiday Fur Angel Tree Program was a great success in 2010! Lots of people visited one of our great Adoption partner locations and helped a Fur Angel!
The importance of Special Events to our group
Special events are Real Good Dog Rescue's ways of generating additional revenue that assists us in paying for regular and extraordinary veterinary care for our animals and supports the operations of our group. In addition to veterinary care, we incur expenses for preventive medications (heartworm and flea/tick prevention), food, grooming, and assorted other things. Adoption fees alone don't begin to cover the expenses associated with rescuing and fostering an animal till it's adopted.
We always have a lot of fun at our special events. Our dogs and puppies get extra exposure to a different audience and we have the opportunity to raise much-needed funds to allow us to help more good dogs and puppies.
We have regular adoption events virtually every Saturday and sometimes on other days. Visit our upcoming events page for dates of our upcoming adoption events.
Earlier Special Events
- Sept 10: Wag the Tail Garage Sale in Countrywood
- Sept 10: Woofstock
- Mar 10: Memphis Area Master Gardener's Spring Fling Garden Show
- Dec 09: Fur Angel Tree
- Dec 09: Canine Christmas Market
- Nov/Dec 09: Gift wrapping @ Davis Kidd Booksellers
- Oct 09: Howl-o-Ween @ Utopia Animal Hospital
- Oct 09: St. Jude Showcase of Dogs
- Sept 09: Wag the Tail Garage Sale in Countrywood
- Sept09: Woofstock
- Aug 09: Dog Days of Summer @ Davis Kidd Booksellers
- July 09: Mallapalooza @ Wolfchase Galleria
- June 09: Memphis Area Master Gardener's Yard & Plant Sale
- May 09: Miss Cordelia's @ Harbortown
- Apr 09: Evergreen Historic Home Tour
- Mar 09: Memphis Area Master Gardener's Spring Fling Garden Show
Costs of a Rescued Dog
Ever wonder how much it really costs to rescue and foster a dog or puppy until it's adopted? Have a look at some of the financial costs we've found over time.
We Need Your Help!
We need creative thinkers who can identify new venues for special events. We need coordinators who can get events arranged and staffed. We need volunteers to staff them.