Make sure to submit an online application before our adoption events to get pre-approved for the Real Good Dog (or puppy) of your dreams!
- Upcoming adoption event:
- Saturday, Oct 29, 12p-3p, Petsmart, 5883 Poplar Ave
Upcoming special event - 2016 Muttster Mash Fundraiser - October 26, 6p-9p, The Tower Room at Clark Tower - purchase tickets and read more here
Have a look around while you're on our site!
Thanks for visiting our website. We hope you'll find all you're looking for if you're ready to adopt a furry friend, interested in donating to a worthy cause, or think you might be able to temporarily help a dog or puppy by providing a foster home.
Real Good Dog Rescue could not do all the great work it does without your support. Please share our website and blog with your friends and family. Follow us on Facebook or Twitter if you're into those social communication channels.
Many people adopting pets are interested in having allergy testing to make sure that they will not unexpectedly need to rehome their new pets. One lab that has some useful information and resources for pet testing is Health Labs in Houston, TX. Have a look at their page for more information!
Make a Donation
Adoption & Special Events
- See more details & maps here.
- Typical recurring adoptions:
- 2nd Sat: Downtown Farmers Market, Front Street & G.E. Patterson
- 3rd Sat: Hollywood Feed, 2031 Germantown Pkwy
- 4th Sat: Hollywood Feed, 4864 Poplar Avenue
- Weds, Oct 26, 6p-9p, The Tower Room at Clark Tower, Muttster Mash - party benefiting RGDR! Purchase tickets & read more here
- Sat, Oct 29, 12p-3p, Petsmart, 5883 Poplar Ave
- Sat, Nov 12, 9a-1p, Downtown Farmers Market, Front Street & G.E. Patterson
- Sat, Nov 19, 12p-3p, Hollywood Feed, 2031 Germantown Parkway
- Sat, Nov 26, 12p-3p, Hollywood Feed Poplar/Erinway, 4864 Poplar Avenue
- Help with set up and staffing this week's adoption event
- Volunteers who can sew - we need belly bands (we have examples)
- Volunteers who can sew - cut apart donated quilts and bind edges to prevent raveling, to provide soft places for our dogs to lay
- Volunteer who can create an eBay site for fundraising
Follow us ...
Newest News & Woofs for Help:
We rescue many of our canines from the Memphis Animal Shelter, as well as other Mid-South shelters.